Waco Indoor Air Quality
Keeping Your Air Cleaner & Healthier
Studies conducted by the EPA show that the air in most modern homes is at least ten times more polluted than the outdoor air in cities. At 3C Mechanical Technologies, Inc., we are committed to helping our clients improve their indoor air quality in Waco. We offer the best quality air cleaners and filtration system with expert installation from qualified professional HVAC technicians.
If you are concerned about air quality, call (254) 401-0364 or contact 3C Mechanical Technologies, Inc. online for more information about your options.
Cleaner Air in Your Home
Poor indoor air quality can be attributed to airtight construction, which is intended to increase energy efficiency. The unintended consequence is that the air becomes stagnant and contaminated with chemicals, odors, and other irritants and pollutants. Signs of diminished indoor air quality may include sinus congestion, sneezing, headaches, dizziness, eye irritation, sore throat, colds, flu, and an increase in allergy and asthma symptoms.
Indoor air quality can be improved using:
- HEPA air cleaners
- Media air cleaners
- Electronic air cleaners
- Ultraviolet treatment systems
The right system for your home depends on your specific issues. For example, if humidity levels are not ideal, you may need a humidifier or dehumidifier. If you are worried about contaminants in the air, an air filtration or air purification system may be the best option. We offer a variety of solutions to accommodate every homeowner.
Warning Signs That You Have Air Quality Problems in Your Home
Maintaining the air quality in your home can easily be overlooked, especially when it’s in a good spot. However even when your home’s air seems good, there could be a serious problem building in your ductwork if you don’t get it routinely cleaned out.
Some warning signs to keep a lookout for include:
- Noticeable dust buildup around your vents. Allowing pet dander, dust mites, pollen, and other allergens to build up in your ductwork is a recipe for trouble. If you notice a buildup outside the vents, it’s time to call in a cleaner.
- Bad smells coming from your vents. Whether it’s a chemical smell, a mildew smell, animal smell, or anything else, the problem will only get worse the longer you allow it to sit.
- Mold and mildew growth in your ductwork. Mold and mildew will grow in dark, damp spaces if it’s not routinely checked, and will lead to bigger issues the longer it persists. A common sign of growth in your ducts are black and green flecks on surfaces, typically around your shower/bathtub, sinks, and other areas commonly exposed to water.
- Air distribution and circulation issues. If you feel that certain spots in your home are noticeably colder or hotter than the rest of your home, you should call in a technician to take a look at your HVAC setup to make sure it’s not breaking down.
Whole House Air Cleaners
Whole house air cleaners are installed in your home’s central heating and cooling system to effectively remove particulates from the air in your home. These systems are effective for eliminating dust, mold spores, pollen, pet dander, smoke, bacteria, and viruses from the air. The air cleaner runs when your heating or air conditioning is running and the clean air is distributed throughout the home via the ducts. We are happy to explain your options for improving indoor air quality in Waco and provide a free quote for your home.
When you are ready to improve the air in your home, call (254) 401-0364 for more information and a free estimate.